Spring Training Camp April 2020 – Playas De Muro
Tuesday April 14th to Tuesday April 21st 2020 (Details below to be updated soon)
Chester Triathlon Club Spring Camp once again returns to Mallorca and will also be based at the same hotel as 2018; HSM Lago Park Hotel in the town of Playas de Muro. The hotel is walking distance to the beach and also has easy access to a variety of excellent cycling routes Majorca has to offer. The camp is a perfect way to kick start your season with 7 full days training in the sun combined with a social side. The hotel has been recently refurbished so all rooms are modern studio rooms. The hotel food is also very accommodating for vegan and vegetarians and comes with excellent reviews from last year.
The cost for the trip is £275 per person (based on two sharing a twin studio room)
Included in the cost:
- 8 nights Half board (Breakfast and evening meal)
- Transfers for you and your bike to and from the airport in Majorca (providing you book the suggested flights with the club)
- Group rides for all abilities planned and led by our own coaches
- Hire of a local pool for two 2 hour swim sessions delivered by our own coaches
- Open Water swim sessions in the the bay (used for Ironman 70.3)
- Use of hotel gym
- Apartment which sleeps 3 persons is available upon request
There will be plenty of rides and sessions for all abilities and people are welcome to do as much or as little or as they would like. The camp is suitable for people training for all distances from sprint to ironman and from novice to advanced levels. There will also be a Strava group for members on the camp to join as well as a private Facebook and WhattsApp group (if they wish) – so info can be easily shared on the build up and also whilst we are there.
You can either bring your own bike or there are plenty of local bike shops to hire from.
Welcome Meeting & Safety Brief is compulsory
- £75 deposit needs to be paid by 1st October 2018 following the link on Nifty Entries
- Remaining balance of £200 payable 1st February 2019
There are only 32 places available which will go on a first come first served basis.
What's not included
Insurance – You need to have your own travel insurance
Flights – you will need to book your own flights. There are plenty of options through Ryanair & Easyjet, transfers will be arranged once you inform Chris or Jo of your flight.
Preferred flights are as follows:
TBC – these will be released by Easyjet around the 12th September 2018
Bike Hire Options:
NWB Fanatica 105€ for 7 days/bike
HB Quartz, 147€ for 7 days/bike
Stevens Arcalis Disc 210€ for 7 days/bike
Delivery to hotel: 10€/bike
Pick up the last day included
If you need pedals (SPD, SPD-SL and LOOK KEO) 1€/day
Insurance for the bike, 15€ for 7 days (The bike is covered for everything except theft and broken frame).
Mallorca is considered to be the mecca of cycling. The destination has been chosen to provide a brilliant training experience and facilities for athletes at all levels. Whether you want to tackle the world famous Sa Colabra climb; or whether you want to ride up to the lighthouse at Cap De Fermentor for a spot of lunch, all are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you all there
Previous Training Camps
- 2019 – Spring Training Camp – Playas De Muro, Majorca
- 2018 – Spring Training Camp – Playas De Muro, Majorca
- 2017 – Spring Training Camp – Peurto Pollensa, Majorca
- 2016 – Spring Training Camp – Portugal
- 2015 – Spring Training Camp – Majorca
- 2014 Warm Weather Training Camp – ICAN Lanzarote
- 2013 Training Camp – ICAN Majorca
- 2012 Winter Training Camp
- Fuertaventura 2011 Winter Training Camp