The Tour of Cheshire West
The Tour of Cheshire West 2023
|Dates||April to August 2023|
|USP||A local race series for all abilities with a difference! A unique event consisting of five Strava stages, which run for one month each from April-August 2023.|
|Charity||The Tour of Cheshire West supports the The Bren Project Charity which offers opportunities for those with a diagnosis of autism and learning disabilities|
A race series with different routes in Cheshire West with a stage each month between April and August 2023. Featuring a General Classification (GC), King/Queen Of the Mountain (K/QOM), Sprint and Team competition. With trophy’s for winners of each.
- £10 registration to the event gets you entry to every stage and updated results. 50% of your money will go to the local Bren project Charity work opportunities for those with a diagnosis of autism and learning disabilities.
- Once registered you will receive an email with links to the Private Facebook and Strava groups. You need to be on Strava for your results to be counted, you are not required to use the premium version, but having Strava Premium will allow you to see live results.
- Results and stage announcements will come through Facebook and emails.
- You must register for the Strava group for results to be counted, the link to this group is sent within 24 hours of signing up, check your junk email folders and if it does not come through email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On your Ride
- Your safety is more important than a fast time so stay safe and respect the rules of the road. Slow down and stop if required when you see hazards. You are responsible for maintaining your own safety. If there is an incident please do email email@example.com aware.
- Each stage is set up as a Strava Segment, there is no need to restart your GPS device, just make it part of your overall ride. Study the route announcement to know the route.
- This mirrors the Tour de France and there are a number of competitions, firstly the General Classification, your overall time will count towards this for the stage and the series.
- Within each stage there is also designated Sprint and Hill Segments, this is a points based competition, with points recorded over the series.
- Finally there is a team competition, the top 3 finishers from each team will gain points for an overall team series.