Relevant for all coaches, participants, volunteers and spectators
Covid alert status
In England, all COVID pandemic-related government legal restrictions on gathering and participation in sports, leisure and social activities have been removed. This allows us to return to normal indoor and outdoor organised club training.
Further information and guidance from the UK Government on living with COVID is here, and it is recommended that this guidance is followed while attending club sessions and activities so that any risk of transmission of COVID and other viruses is reduced.
BTF COVID guidelines, under which sessions have been run, have now been updated and restrictions removed. However, some of the measures will remain in place at CTC, for example, pre-booking of training sessions.
Before you book / attend any session
Do not leave home to participate in any club or group activity if:
- you, or someone you live with, has any symptoms of a respiratory or other virus.
Please follow guidance from the UK government on symptoms of respiratory viruses, what to do if you have symptoms and consideration of those at higher risk of becoming severely ill with a respiratory virus.
It is your responsibility to be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any swim, bike, run activity. You should think about any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have and, if in any doubt, you should not participate.
You will need to book and pay for your session in advance via https://chestertri.niftyentries.com/Chester-Tri-Training-Sessions. If you later find you cannot attend, please try to cancel your place so that someone else can attend.
Your name, contact phone number, and the dates and times of the sessions you have attended will be retained by CTC to assist in planning/delivery of sessions.
At ALL sessions
- Please follow instructions from coaches/session leads and any signs/instructions at the venue
- Social distancing while travelling to and from activities and during the session is still recommended
- Most venues now allow the use of changing rooms (not all allow showers), but you may prefer to continue to arrive changed and ready to train
- It is recommended to bring a face mask – some indoor venues may choose to continue to require masks
- It is recommended to wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Can we encourage you to travel to sessions by walking/running/cycling?
- Bring your own drinks/food/equipment and limit sharing
- Some venues allow showering after training, some don’t yet
After a session
If you become ill with COVID and need to give club contact information for contact tracing in the future, please use COVID@nullchestertri.org.uk