Our swim sessions
Chester Triathlon Club swimming discipline provides organised swim sessions supported by qualified coaches. Both experienced triathletes and those new to the sport are catered for. Most training is currently conducted in the organised pool sessions at City Baths and Christleton Sport Centre. Check out the calendar for up to date session information.
If you have any questions, please contact the Swim Lead Chris Malpass who is responsible for coordinating the swim section.
- New to swimming
- Limited understanding of technique
- May lack fitness
- May include post injury rehab.
- Reasonably fit
- Technique: still in need of development
- Able to swim front crawl for at least 200m without stopping.
- Fit and competent swimmer
- Good level of technique
- Good lane discipline
- Able to maintain a pace of approximately 1:50 per 100m or quicker over longer distances.
Things to know
The current swim training program is outlined here, all sessions are £4 for members and £5 for non members. Non members may attend 1 session before you must join, so come along and try it out first!
What is expected from you?
All you need to do is turn up with suitable swim wear and goggles and pay the required subs.
The coaches will help you in terms of which lane you will most benefit from.