Welcome to Chester Tri Club annual swim championships!
- Running throughout 12 months, from one End of Season Party to the next
- Male & female championships, with age adjustment for some events (age as at the start of the championship period – 22 Oct 2022 for the 2022/3 championships)
- Scoring works by comparing your swim time to the fastest swimmer on the day, in the same event. The fastest swimmer scores 100% and your time will be calculated as a percentage of the fastest swimmer’s time. The winner of the championships will be the swimmer with the lowest percentage accumulated across the 12 month period. The lowest (best) possible overall score is 500% (i.e. 100% x 5 events, if you are the fastest in every event). The highest (worst) possible score is 2500%. If you do not compete in an event, you score the maximum 500% for that event. In some events you’ll be competing only against other members of Chester Tri Club, whereas in other events, you’ll be up against whoever turns out on the day, from whichever club or country!
- If there is a tie on total accumulated percentages, the swimmer who has competed in most events will win. (So it’s a good idea to submit all your event entries to email@example.com even if you don’t think it was your best performance ever.) If that is also a tie, the swimmer who has won most events will win overall.
- Different types of swim events – 5 events will count towards the championships:
- Club CSS timing sessions – all CSS times will be age adjusted. The fastest age adjusted swimmer at each timing session will accumulate 100%. Your age adjusted time will be measured as a percentage against the fastest age adjusted CSS swim at the same session. We’re planning to hold at least 4 x CSS timing sessions across each 12 month period. You can take part in as many as you like and your best 2 scores will count for the leaderboard.
- Improvement in CSS time – even if you aren’t the fastest swimmer in the club, you could score better in this event by making the greatest improvement in your CSS time during the 12 month period. The swimmer with the greatest improvement will accumulate 100%. Your improvement will be measured as a percentage of the greatest improvement.
- Open water events including the Dee Mile, other open water swims and the swim leg of a multisport event (where the swim is the first leg and the event provides swim times for you and the winner of the swim leg in the same category as you. Your time will be measured as a percentage against the fastest swimmer in the same category (eg male/female, wetsuit/non-wetsuit (where the event has these as separate categories), age groups and distance). Times will not be age adjusted. You can take part in as many events as you like and your best 2 scores will count for the leaderboard. Because these events may be run by other organisations, you will need to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the race results and details of your results.
May the best swimmer win!