We are a very friendly club, welcoming beginners, top athletes and everyone in between.
We have regular weekly training in swim, bike and run, with qualified club coaches to help you develop your skills and fitness level. We particularly pride ourselves on bringing beginners into the sport, with all disciplines having beginners’ sessions.
Membership runs for 12 months from your date of joining the club, and costs £25 for Seniors and £10 for Juniors members under the age of 18.
Why join us?
Because we’re people just like you, at all levels but with common interests in triathlon, swimming, cycling or running. Plus, you get good company, make friends and training buddies, and get advice and training from our British Triathlon trained coaches. There’s a friendly atmosphere at our swim, cycle and run sessions, they’re a great way to have fun while exercising and share tips and information. Our camaraderie and team spirit is energising and you may find that gives you the extra motivation to keep going, or inspires you to push that bit harder.
We know being new to a club can be daunting, but remember everyone starts somewhere and has been there before you so you will be warmly welcomed to our club family! For a less intimidating introduction to our club we have a team of friendly faces for you to contact and meet, these are our Age Group Reps. Feel free to make contact with any questions you might have, or just to know a friendly face at your next training session.
Max No. of sessions before joining
|Tuesday Night Run||Free||Free||Unlimited|
Benefits of joining the club
Benefits of membership include:-
- A weekly club bulletin by email to keep you up to date with all that is going on.
- Club Championships.
- Winter & Summer leagues based around popular local races.
- Subsidised entry and opportunities to race for the club in National Team Relay Championships.
- Annual Training Camp and Training Weeekends.
- Guest Coaches.
- Discounts at local stores.
- Reduced rate for British Triathlon Membership.
- Reduced Cycling UK individual Affiliated Membership.
- Christmas Party & Prizegiving.
- Social Events.
- London Marathon places.
Chester Triathlon Club is awarded a place or places into the London Marathon each year. The number of places we are awarded is dependent on the number of our members who are affiliated to England Athletics. The places are given to the members based on the following criteria:
You should :
- Have applied through the London Marathon ballot and received a rejection letter, which you should keep.
- Have been a member of Chester Tri Club for a minimum of 6 months.
- Have raced as a member of Chester Triathlon Club.
- Be registered with England Athletics.
- Provide a brief summary to the Captain or Secretary,of where you have provided support to the club. This could be helping out at any events, coaching, on a committee etc.
A note about racing
As a member of Chester Triathlon Club you can compete in any triathlon event under the club name, it is not necessary to be a member of the British Triathlon Federation, although as a club we do recommend it. As a member of Chester Triathlon Club you are eligible for an £11 discount on your BTF membership.
Learn more about the benefits of joining the BTF.
To compete as a member of Chester Triathlon Club in any running event you must join England Athletics (UK Athletics). Additionally, membership of England Athletics is a compulsory requirement of the Borders League, the Cross Country leagues, and the Multi-terrain Series.
Please read more about EA membership.