COVID re-START information
Relevant for all coaches, participants, volunteers and spectators
Before you book / attend any session
Do not leave home to participate in any club or group activity if:
- you, or someone you live with, has any symptoms of Covid-19, the main symptoms being: high temperature / new, continuous cough / loss of or change of taste or smell;
- you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace in the past 14 days; or
- you’re required to quarantine due to travel.
NHS and Public Health England guidance on self-isolation can be found at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
It is your responsibility to be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any swim, bike, run activity. You should think about any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have and, if in any doubt, you should not participate.
You will need to book and pay for your session in advance via https://chestertri.niftyentries.com/Chester-Tri-Training-Sessions. Numbers are limited by BTF requirements. If you later find you cannot attend, please try to cancel your place so that someone else can attend.
You will be asked to confirm your health assessment questions again on arrival at coached club sessions and are expected to self-certify at uncoached sessions.
Your name, contact phone number, and the dates and times of the sessions you have attended will be retained by CTC for up to 21 days and shared with the NHS Test and Trace programme if they request it.
At ALL sessions
- Please follow instruction from coaches/session lead and any signs / instructions at the venue.
- Keep 2 metres apart from everyone at the session
- Arrive at venues changed and ready to train.
- Bring a face mask – you may need to wear it at an indoor venue
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Observe 2 metre social distancing while travelling to and from activities.
- Avoid travelling to sessions by public transport where possible and do not share a car with anyone outside your household. Can we encourage you to travel to sessions by walking/running/cycling? As well as the Covid guidance, it’s more environmentally friendly!
- Bring your own drinks/food/equipment and do not share anything.
- Be prepared to go home in your training kit – you may not be able to change at the venue.
After a session
If you become ill with COVID and need to give club contact info to NHS test and trace please use COVID@nullchestertri.org.uk
Swim specific details
In addition to the overall COVID re-START information above, the following applies to pool swimming.
Before you book / attend any swim session
Sorry, only the swimmer is allowed into the venue, no parents/children can come in with the swimmer unless there is a specific medical reason and it is agreed with Brio and CTC in advance.
Bring as little as possible in one (preferably small) bag – avoid bringing a bulky bag, extra equipment, etc. Goggles, hats (leave spares in your bag), inhaler or any such medication if needed, clearly named water bottle (already filled) and a towel. Any kit you need should be clearly named, not shared and taken home with you afterwards.
We will not be using the changing rooms, so arrive with swimwear on, underneath outer clothing – preferably a onesie, robe or something easy to get off and on again over damp swimwear.
Only attend your booked session. The number of swimmers in each session and lane are limited by BTF / Swim England requirements so it will not be possible to swap booked sessions.
On arrival at any swim session
At Christleton, the entrance is via the lower door at the front of the building.
At Northgate, we suggest parking in the top car park. There are different entrances for different activities and sessions. For our swim sessions, use entrance D, which is a fire escape on the dual carriageway around the building, past the normal reception.
Northgate Entrance D (fire escape door on dual carriageway side)
If you arrive early, you’ll have to wait outside (in a socially distanced queue), so we suggest waiting in the car. The doors will be open for about 5 minutes only. If you arrive late, you can try calling the coach who is running the session and see if they can let you in, or go home and make a note to self to arrive early/on time next time.
You will need to bring your own mask and wear it inside the building when walking to the pool and when leaving the pool to exit the building. This is mandatory for all Brio sites.
Use the sanitiser in the entrance area.
At Christleton, go straight to poolside through the little office at the shallow end. At Northgate, you will enter onto the poolside. Remove footwear before entering poolside – flip flops, sliders or slip on shoes without socks are advised, so you can quickly take them off and put on again.
Walk to a basket on a chair, spaced around the pool. Chairs and baskets will be sanitised between each session by Brio staff. When you get to your basket, put your bag on it, take off your mask and outer clothing, get ready to swim and remain at your basket, 2m apart from the other swimmers. You are not allowed to help another swimmer put their hat on. Wait to be told by the coach which lane and which end of the pool to go to. If the session is uncoached, the swim set will tell you which lane to go to and which end to get in the pool at.
At ALL swim sessions
- All lanes will swim CLOCKWISE. Lanes will be double width until the pool returns to single lane width.
- You should avoid overtaking, but if it is necessary, please breathe to the other side while passing.
- Toilets – if you need to go during the session, please let the coach know. We will have use of specific toilets, so please follow any signage/instructions. If you need to use the toilet, please follow Brio rules and use the disinfectant spray after use. At the end of the session the coach will tell you when to get out. At uncoached sessions, please exit the pool lane by lane, maintaining 2m distance from others.
After a swim session
Showers / changing – you should be able to rinse off chlorine and put outer clothing on over your swimming costume, but will not be able to wash hair, use changing rooms etc. Towel down at your chair on poolside, put your clothing on over your swimwear. Wait at your basket, put on your mask and then when instructed walk to the exit door, sanitise your hands before leaving and leave, slipping your footwear on as you go.
At Christleton, the exit door is at the front of the building as normal.
At Northgate, the exit door is a fire escape on the dual carriageway side of the building. To return to your car, follow the pavement around via the normal reception to the carpark.
Northgate Exit (fire escape door on dual carriageway side)