||Prepare to Train
- Drills and skills, steady state swim, bike and run
- Track focus on good run technique during session.
- Turbo focus on technique and cadence.
||Basic aerobic work
||November – January
- Gradually increasing miles in bike and run + skill work.
- Run efforts no more than threshold pace
- Turbo efforts working on strength with overgear work.
- Swim – drills and long, steady efforts
||Bringing in intensity
||January – March
- Keep up the miles in bike and run and still gradually increasing.
- Run efforts main focus is threshold work, then bringing in VO2 blocks at the end of a threshold block.
- Turbo – medium-long efforts at race pace
- Faster swim efforts of medium length with good technique. Still working on drills.
||Intensity and sharpness
||April – June
- Keep base endurance going
- Run efforts moving into 10k pace work and again bringing in some VO2 for 2nd half of set
- Bike – VO2 efforts + power work
- Swim – shorter faster efforts.
- Brick sessions
- Transition training
||Taper for races
||July – September
- Race pace work
- Taper into “A” races