GoTri Deva Aquathlon 2021
|Dates||Monday 2nd August (7:00pm start)|
|Location||River Dee, Chester Riverside Canoe Club Jetty, CH4 7BB|
|Distance||Sprint – Swim 750m, Run 5km
Super Sprint – Swim 375m, Run 2.5km
Our aim is to accommodate anyone and everyone. It is a midweek event and will be much more low key with the aim to be fun and enjoyable and not all about coming first.
In 2020 we hoped to again run the series as a league, with best of 3 to count as well as spot prizes for each event. Unfortunately Covid19 interrupted those plans. For 2021 we will put on one event on Monday August 2nd.
The event is run as a GoTri event to encourage new athletes into the sport and allow people to be involved but not necessary do the full distances of events such as the Deva Triathlon or Deva Devas.
We also have a single lap option to cater for a wider range or experience and ability.
- Do not travel to the event if you, or someone you live with, are showing any symptoms of COVID–19 as outlined by the NHS, or are required to isolate due to a positive COVID test, or are required to quarantine due to recent return from travel outside the UK.
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres where possible between yourself and other competitors, race officials/marshals and the general public, throughout the event
- Please be aware of, and comply with, pre-race instructions and the signage and any announcements/instructions at the event.
- Leave more time than you normally would to get to and from the event and avoid using public transport where possible
- Ensure you have a face covering with you and wear it where required
- Keep your hands clean by washing and/or using sanitiser
- Collect your belongings after you finish and leave the site as soon as possible.
An Aquathlon consists of a swim followed by a run. There is no cycle leg in this event. There is also a one lap option – see below for more details.
The swim phase takes place on the River Dee starting and finishing at Queens Park High School Boat Jetty. The course consists of 2 laps of 375 metres with an Australian style exit at the end of the first lap to make things a little more interesting (swim one lap, exit using the swim ramp then dive straight back in off the other side of the swim ramp to start the second lap).
The athletes then transition within the Queens Park Rowing Club grounds before exiting along the riverside path for a two lap 5km run round the Meadows finishing back within the rowing club complex.
Short Option :
If a 2 lap swim and 2 lap run is a bit daunting, we have added a one lap version to cater for a wider range of experience and ability. It does mean you miss out on the Australian exit excitement, but you do still get to jump, dive or slide gracefully into the water at the start.
Entry is via the same link, select “Super Sprint” as your event choice.
All our events reply on volunteers to enable them to run smoothly and to be the best possible experience for the athletes. If you can help out with this event, please signup via the button below.
GoTri is a Triathlon England initiative, designed as a fun way to access triathlon for the first time. GoTri training and events are reasonably priced with manageable distances which have been purpose-designed for beginners.